Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts by Jen Handy

My parents have been separated since I was two and are both now remarried to great people. I often hope that my future spouse has divorced and remarried parents so we can have 4 sets of grandparents as potential FREE babysitters.

My mom says that she'll still be number one grandma, no matter how many extras there are to compete with.

_______________________

Tomorrow is my 2 Year Anniversary at my job. I was only supposed to be here for a year.

I bet anyone $10 that like both my birthday and Assistant's Day, my boss does absolutely nothing to recognize this.

_______________________

I was in three weddings this summer and I survived! It was a long, grueling pace of bridal showers, bachelorette parties, dress purchasings and fittings, shoe buying, hair and makeup be-doneing, rehearsal dinners and ceremonies. I love each person whose wedding I was honored to be a part of but am SO GLAD it's all over. Also, I will happily be a bridesmaid for my loved ones, but refuse to give any more speeches.

My introverted self was stressing out over all the necessary schmoozing and small talking with people I don't know.

_______________________

To end on a Debbie Downer note: my sole remaining grandmother (and the one I was actually close to) is being transferred from her apartment in a retirement center to assisted living. Stay strong geema!

No comments: