Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Other People Are Funny



If you live in this country, are alive, have at least basic cable and are under the age of 50 you have probably watched The Office - one of the funniest shows on television (along with Flight of the Conchords and the duo of The Daily Show and Colbert Report). If not, where have you been and why am I friends with you?

The lovely girl up there is Mindy Kaling, who writes for and plays Kelly Kapoor on the show - one of my absolute favorite characters. She has some of the best lines.

She also writes a blog (sporadically updated) on things she buys and loves. Of course, considering she's a writer and actor on an incredibly popular show she has WAY more disposable income than the average person and thus considers things like $150 dresses to be a steal, but she's pretty good at acknowledging the fact that she has a larger disposable income than most and is able to buy frivolous things, so I end up not minding that I can't afford a single thing she's ever blogged about. She's also seriously hilarious and I find myself being able to identify with her - can she please be my friend?

Go check her out, read the archives and giggle your butt off: Things I've Bought That I Love

No comments: