Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I <3 Dave Grohl



Who doesn't, really? Liking Dave Grohl is one of my friendship requirements. You don't have to love him, but you can't hate the man. Why would you? He's an insanely talented musician from two wildly successful bands (you could argue that Kurt Cobain's suicide was actually good for Grohl - it got him out from behind a drum set and into front man position where he shines), yet isn't the least bit pretentious. I, obviously, don't know the man personally, but from what I've heard he's a genuinely nice guy, who's down to earth and loves to have fun.

This interview makes me like him even more: Dave Grohl's Principles for a Happy, Successful Life

My favorite part:
Anybody who has to focus on being real has a problem. It's like having a panic attack over how you're prone to panic attacks. Be a guy. Play music.


Oh, and this part was pretty good too:
I'm nearly 40. The last thing I want to do is wake up with a raging hangover and have to listen to Elmo songs with my daughter.


It's short, just read the whole thing then bask with me in Grohl love. -le sigh-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love him more than you do.