Monday, April 21, 2008

I recently applied to law school and am now at about week 7 of a 4-6 week response period from when my applications were received. I've been in limbo regarding the trajectory of the next three years of my life and it's been driving me nuts.

I have even been known to recently utter the sentence "I can handle being rejected, I just want to KNOW."

That's a total lie.

Being rejected fucking sucks.

It doesn't matter if you want it just a little or a whole freaking lot, to have someone else decide that you're not good enough is always a punch in the gut and one that I haven't learned to weather well.

The current tally: 1 maybe, 3 no's, 3 dunno's

I always try to be the rejecter in an effort to save my own ego (yes, I know this is generally pretty sucky of me, but at least I admit it), so not having any power over this process is really getting to me.

Eff this ish.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What are the "maybes" vs the "dunnos?" Is one category the waitlist?

Unknown said...

I'm officially tagging you. Read my blog.