Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weird Stuff Goes Down

Creepy Cat

I had the strangest encounter with a cat the other day. I had taken the elevator up to my floor at the hostel. Upon exiting I noticed an adorable black and white cat a few steps down the staircase. I stopped and stared for a minute or so because I haven't seen a cat in like forever and this one was pretty adorable.

I said "Hi kitty!" because I'm crazy and I like cats and the cat started meowing back at me for a solid 3 or 4 minutes, without any interjection from me, as if it was attempting to talk to me. I took a step toward it and it ran a few more steps down. At this point I figured this cat wasn't going to let me pet it so I turned around to walk to the door to the hostel and the cat meowed at me again. I turned back, looked at it strangely and yet another meow. So I took a few steps toward it and it ran down some more stairs.

Repeat process of me stopping following it, the cat meowing at me when I stopped and then trotting down some more stairs when I took steps towards it several times down the entire staircase until we ended up in the creepy dark hallway on the bottom floor that leads back to I have no idea probably murdersville.

The cat ended up deep in the dark shadows of the hallway and I could only tell where it was because it's eyes were reflecting the light behind me.

And this point I was insanely curious about where this cat wanted me to follow it, but I've also seen a couple horror movies. A person who follows a strange talking animal down a dark hallway in an unfamiliar place ALWAYS gets killed. Always. It's kind of a rule.

I also thought it would be ridiculous if my curiosity about a cat killed me (curiosity killed the cat) and since I don't have 9 lives, I decided it was best for my health to just go back up to the hostel.

I've since ventured down that hallway when it was light and there's nothing interesting down there, but maybe it's the cat that makes it interesting.

Friendship

I have this weird thing with good guy friends - I can tell within a few times of hanging out with them whether or not we're going to be very good friends. It doesn't happen with boyfriends and it doesn't happen with girl friends (I'm actually usually completely wrong about girl friends - I never anticipate well which girls I'll be great friends with) and it doesn't happen with guy friends in general - only guy friends that turn out to be some of my best friends. I've known for all my very good guy friends.

I had this same feeling with hotboss. Of course, I know it's never going to happen, but there was the same amiability and, after I got over the blushing factor and actually had some conversations with him, I felt immediately comfortable - too comfortable actually, because I started teasing him and he got a bit defensive with one of them. I think if I had stuck around longer we'd ended up very good friends.

Or maybe my intuition would have been wrong for the first time ever.

Who knows.

(And if you're a guy friend of mine you know if you're a very good friend and if you are, then yes, I knew. I didn't tell you because it sounds creepy).

No comments: