Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Little Men In My Head Take Lots of Breaks

I was in the grocery store a couple days ago in the self check out line (which my introverted self LOVES because I don't have to interact with random people or give them an idea of what's going on in my life when I, say, buy chocolate cake and tampons). I was scanning and bagging my items efficiently until I came to a small bag on the bottom of my basket.

It was a fresh produce bag filled with about 10 small, round, green vegetables that I could not think of the name of for the life of me. I must have stared at these little bundles of deliciousness for a full minute, meanwhile scanning and bagging the rest of my groceries.

Finally it came down to just those little green things. I placed them on the scanner, scrolled through a menu of vegetables hoping to jog my memory, but nothing came. Finally I just rung them up as broccoli, hoping the price was similar, tossed them in a grocery bag, paid and left.

Two feet out of the door: BRUSSEL SPROUTS!

Damn, my memory is awful sometimes.

No comments: