Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random Thoughts

I love the smell of vitamins - I think it hearkans back to when my mom sold these vitamin pack things when I was a kid. The smell of a bottle of multivitamins just makes me a happy camper, despite the fact that I hardly ever remember to take them.

-------

If you are a server in a restaurant or cafe I frequent at least somewhat often, the quickest way to get me to not come back for awhile is to say "See you tomorrow!" Even though I know I'm fairly predictable, I don't like having it pointed out to me. My freshman year of college in Rhode Island I frequented this cute coffee/sandwich shop on my way to class. One day I forgot my debit card and the cashier said "Don't worry about it, you're in here pretty often, just pay next time." I went in the next day, paid for my drink plus the drink from the day before and didn't go back for two weeks. Hah! I showed them who's predictable!

-------

There is a major issue plaguing our nation that hasn't yet been addressed. It goes on in every office building across the nation and is a blight on the working landscape. I myself encounter this atrocity several times a day. No, it's not sexual harassment or even cancer causing asbestos, it's these:



Pastel and/or watercolor paintings of landscape, cottages or sailboats. They are the bane of every office existence. In their attempt to be mild and inoffensive they are the exact opposite. They offend and torture my eyes whenever I must pass one in the hallway. There are five (FIVE!!) of varying sizes in the bathroom alone (along with a hideous branch wreath with awful silk flowers poked indiscriminately around its circumference). They make me angry and I have to purposely avoid them with my eyes.

Who likes these paintings?! Who spends their days thinking up and actually creating these monstrosities?! It must be a blind person. There's no way any sane person with fully functioning eyes could find these pleasing or pretty.

Ok, ok, they do have ONE thing going for them - they're marginally better to look at than this:

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those paintings still have a leg up on Thomas Kinkade.

Unknown said...

hahaha I logged in to make a rude Kinkade comment but Steph apparently beat me to it. Damn it.