Saturday, December 22, 2007

Limpio Mi Casa

I hate cleaning, with a passion. I was always kind of a spoiled kid in that my dad never made me clean, but mom would make my brother and I clean once a week, and I usually threw a tantrum every Saturday. I loathe scrubbing, making my hands moist and itchy from cleaning chemicals, sweeping, dusting ... all of it.

Obviously, I preferred to be at my dad's house on Saturday.

Now that I'm all grow'd up I still hate cleaning, but it's a necessary evil since I don't have the cash to hire a maid, but now I've added quirks to my cleaning. For instance, I don't clean when people are around - this probably stems from the fact that whenever I clean people express shock, which just annoys me. So, when my roommate leaves for anything more than two days I clean.

My roommate Helen left this morning, so I cleaned. I put on my Any Given Thursday DVD, cranked up the volume and got to work. Now the apartment is sparkling!

There really isn't a point to this post, I'm just proud of myself. I wish you could see the place.

No comments: