Friday, December 7, 2007

What the S&*t



I think shit is my favorite curse word.

No, I KNOW it's my favorite curse word.

Fuck is overused, overinflated, everyone and their mother says fuck when they're pissed off.

But, shit, now that's a good curse word and is so often overlooked because of that spotlight hogger fuck.

There's so much more aggression let out in the extended version: shhhhhhhhhhhhhit.

The quick version is just as satisfying, no long vowels to encumber verbalizing it multiple times: shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. It just flows off the tongue.

You can't say "that's the fuck", it's "that's the shit" or "that's the fuckin' shit". Fuck is just support cast for the main player.

Plus, it's translation into German is one of the raddest undercover curse words ever: sheisse. You can say it all day long and no one (but a German) will realize you're cursing. It's saved my relationship with my mother.

Give shit a chance.