Wednesday, December 26, 2007

U-G-L-Y - You Ain't Got No Alibi


I received one of these purses from my aunt and uncle for Christmas. I had requested a gift card of some sort, like usual, because my Southern California tastes rarely match their south of the Mason-Dixon tastes.

It's a faux Vera Bradley - the name of which I know solely because my grandmother gave me a whole big set of the real ones (duffle bag, makeup tote, purse and wristlet) for my high school graduation, which I promptly gave to my mom who hid them somewhere in storage and as I was recently strapped for cash, I was going to dig them out and ebay them. This spurned several minutes worth of research on exactly how much I could extrude from the average buyer.

I seriously just don't understand who could like these purses enough to pay $80. They're busy, the colors are garish, they're made of a soft cloth that just flops over and begs to get dirty - I see no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Why do people like these? I guess if I can get an answer to that I can get an answer to who the hell buys these, these, and these.

1 comment:

faithsalutes said...

I hate these bags not because they simply are not my style, but because they always look dirty on the bottom and are not usually sturdy enough to hold all my goods.

OH yeah, they are ugly.